Voting

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

McDuff Moves In

Sydney had to do a character presentation for her 2nd grade class. She had to become a character in a book and present it as a commercial to get the other kids to read her book.

So of course the procrastinator that I am, I waited until the night before to try to find the dog costume we needed. I knew we had it at one point, but didn't know if we gave it back to my friend Lisa. So I called and she went looking, and couldn't find it. Then I remembered my other friend Kristin had lent us a dog costume a couple of years ago, so I called her and sent Corey on a trip to get the costume. Then while he was gone, Lisa called to tell me she found her costume so I arranged to pick it up the morning.

Meanwhile I was going through all of our DVDs for our camcorder to see where Darians presentation was so I could put it on the same one ( and of course I could not find it). So after a good hour or so I finally found one to record Sydney on for the next day.

Sydney worked so hard on her presentation. She made note cards in case she forgot what she was going to say. I kept trying to tell her she did not need them, but she was very determined that she was going to have to use them. Well, as it turned out we got into the school and were getting ready for her to start, Sydney realized she did not have her note cards and can not find them anywhere. We got a little panicked, but tried to assure her that she will do fine without them.Well, as it turned out, she did AWESOME!! She only forgot one little thing, but you would never have known.
And of course, with my luck.....Sydney gets up to the front and I start recording...but wait, it won't work!!!! I can not record anything!! So I try to hurry and record it on my digital camera and it won't work either!!! So to my dismay, I only was able to get a couple of pictures of her presentation. So I guess you have to take my word how well she did, and I am so proud of her and how hard she worked at it.


No comments: